Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Greetings from New York City...Sigh

It's strange how one day you find yourself at the apex of mental and spiritual satisfaction stretching out in the vast unspoiled beauty of Mendocino County and the next day your joy is stripped clean to the bone as you fight with your fellow New Yorkers for an extra inch of space on the AirTrain from JFK. New York is all about compression and I realize now more than ever that my future may involve a move to a place where expansion is not only possible, it’s the norm.

Speaking of just such a place, my brief time in Portland was fantastic. I met with the very lovely Laura Moya and the board of Photolucida in the stunning new Blue Sky Gallery space to discuss my Domesticated project and the upcoming Critical Mass monograph of the series. They couldn't be more supportive of my work or more enthusiastic about the book. The folks at Photolucida and Blue Sky Gallery share a commitment to emerging photographers and the broader photography community that is truly inspired. I have some additional good news from that meeting, but will fill you in on the details once everything is formal and finalized.
Related Posts with Thumbnails