Monday, December 29, 2008

My Big List of Lists 2008

Cats of the year by a landslide, Gilbert and Fatty
Last year I posted my 2007 Big List of Lists several weeks into 2008. At that point the year-end drama was pretty much gone, but it was still a worthwhile exercise to stop and smell the roses on a terrific year of arts and culture as well as set my goals for the year ahead.

Now, when I look back at my Top 3 Career Goals for 2008 I am overcome with profound sense of accomplishment. I was determined to get my first solo show and ended the year with four. I wanted to finish my Domesticated book and it turned out to be a smashing success. I wanted to get a New York gallery and...well, I'm still working on that one.

As I close the book on 2008, I find myself reflecting on another year of wonderful experiences and looking ahead to a new set of goals for aught-nine. So, without further ado, I present my second annual Big List of Lists.

1. Top 4 Exhibitions
1. William Eggleston: Democratic Camera at the Whitney
2. Doug Aitken: Migration at 303 Gallery
3. Harry Callahan: Eleanor at Museum of Art RISD
4. Heyday: Frederick W. Glasier's American Circus, 1890-1925 at the UBS Art Gallery

2. Top 2 Plays I Saw
1. August: Osage County at the Music Box Theatre
2. Blasted at the Soho Rep

3. Top 3 Albums
1. Dear Science, TV on the Radio
2. Fleet Foxes, Fleet Foxes
3. Attack & Release, Black Keys

4. Top 3 Places I Ate
1. Trattoria dal Billy, Manarola, Italy
2. Sfoglia, New York, NY
3. BB's Lawnside Barbecue, Kansas City, MO

5. Top 2 Movies
1. Wendy and Lucy
2. Man on Wire

6. Top 3 Photography Books
1. The New West, Robert Adams
2. America, Zoe Strauss
3. Pretend You're Actually Alive, Leigh Ledare

7. Top 4 Places I Visited
1. Cinque Terre, Italy
2. Sienna, Italy
3. Berlin, Germany
4. Kansas City, MO

8. Top 2 Cats
1. Fatty
2. Gilbert

9. Top 4 Career Goals for 2009
1. Edit Stranded series and create book maquette
2. Find the right New York gallery
3. Complete my new large format series set in a parking lot in Queens
4. Get grants for a new series on migration to begin in 2010
Related Posts with Thumbnails