Thursday, November 29, 2007

Big Photography Openings

Nura Garuba and friend with their monkey, Nigeria 2005 © Pieter Hugo
Two huge photography shows are opening tonight in Chelsea and I couldn't be more excited. First up, Pieter Hugo is showing his Hyena Men and Honey Collectors work at Yossi Milo. I have been a huge fan of Pieter's work for a few years now and have seen his gorgeous prints before at various art fairs. (I even own one.) The show at Yossi is Pieter's first solo show in New York and will feature very large scale prints of his instantly iconic portraits.

Kromanns Remise 2 2005 © Nicolai Howalt and Trine Søndergaard
Next is Nicolai Howalt and Trine Søndergaard's amazing How to Hunt series at Silverstein Photography. Last night I had the pleasure of going to dinner with Nicolai, Trine and photographer Beth Block. They couldn't be nicer folks. We talked about Denmark, the photo world, our recent American Photo mention, but mostly I just gushed about their photographs. It's rare that I see work that takes my breath away, but the photos in How to Hunt are so stunning they did just that.

Do not miss these shows. See you there!
Related Posts with Thumbnails