© Nan GoldinUNIFEM, the United Nations development fund for women, just launched a global call for action to end violence against women and girls. The facts are staggering: up to 70 per cent of women experience physical or sexual violence from men in their lifetime. The UNIFEM campaign, Say NO - UNITE to End Violence Against Women, allows you to take immediate action or create and organize your own action.
I've decided to create my own campaign called Photographers Say No, and use the power of social media to harness our little community of photographers and photography lovers to raise awareness and contribute to the tally of actions.
Here's how you can help:
1. Visit the Photographers Say No page and take action
2. Tweet the following message: Say No to Violence Against Women. The stats are staggering: http://j.mp/1lRD2U Please RT to join campaign #photosayno
3. Blog about this campaign and post a link to Photographers Say No page or use http://j.mp/1lRD2U to direct people to facts about violence against women
4. Email 50,000 of your closest friends and tell them about the campaign
5. Post a link to this post on your Facebook page or on your blog