Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Big Night

Glamorous Hair © Tim Davis
Boy there are a lot of great shows opening in the next few weeks. Of course, I will be preoccupied with my own opening at ClampArt on Thursday night so I wont be able to see these other great exhibitions for a few days:

Ratcliffe-on-Soar Power Station, Nottinghamshire © Simon Roberts
Simon Roberts' We English at Klompching Gallery
If you can’t make it out to Brooklyn on Thursday, Simon will be giving a talk and book signing on Friday at 6:30pm. I may be missing his opening but I’ll be there for this!

Todd Hido A Road Divided at Bruce Silverstein
Todd is a big hero of mine and I always enjoy seeing his work.

Nicolai Howalt Car Crash Studies at Bruce Silverstein
I blogged about this wonderful series a few months ago and I'm excited to see the prints in person.

States of Union 8 © Alix Smith
Alix Smith States of the Union at Morgan Lehman
Fellow SVA grad and newlywed, Alix Smith, will be showing her new, highly anticipated body of portraiture work.

New York doesn't have exclusive rights on kick ass openings. In a land far far away called San Francisco, friend and all around great guy Brian Ulrich’s double header with Charnay is opening at The Koch gallery.

And, back in New York this Saturday...

Tim Davis’ The New Antiquity at Greenberg Van Doren Gallery

Talia Chetrit’s Reading at Renwick Gallery
Her work is intelligent and mesmerizing.
Related Posts with Thumbnails