Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Thank You Syracuse

Today I returned to New York City after two action packed days as a visiting artist in the Art Photography department at Syracuse University. I was honored to have the opportunity to share my work with the students and spend time with them discussing their work during studio visits and crits. The students at Syracuse are extremely committed and were enthusiastic with their generosity. They made me feel like a rock star.

A real highlight was sitting in on a grad critique by the great Doug Dubois. His teaching style energized me and I hope to bring some of his energy into my classrooms at Parsons and the SVA. I owe a big thank you to Doug for inviting me to his wonderful program and being such a strong advocate of my work.

Also, a big thank you to Emily Vey Duke for arranging my presentation and making me feel so welcome.
Related Posts with Thumbnails