Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Skin Trade Opens Thursday



Skin Trade opens this Thursday at the Chashama ABC space on the Lower East Side. The show was curated by my dear friend by Dan Halm and features work by Elaine Bradford, Simen Johan, Eric Lendl, Christian Siekmeier, Amy Stein, and Kimberly Witham. All of the work centers on animals as decorative trophies.

I am excited for the exhibition because I will be showing two pieces that have never before seen the light of day. These are sort of photographic sketches I made before I started my Domesticated series. When I shot these I had a good idea of what I wanted to say about man's relationship to nature, but I had yet to figure out the visual narrative that would eventually define the series. I love these images because they provide an early window into the evolution of the series I have worked on for the last two years.

Deer © Amy Stein

Boar © Amy Stein
Here are the details:
Skin Trade
Chashama ABC
October 30 - November 22
169 Avenue C (between 10th and 11th Streets)
New York, NY
Opening Reception: Thursday, October 30, 6-9pm
Yesterday, I dropped off my prints at the gallery space and was amazed by the diversity and quality of the work in the show. Dan has really done a great job putting this together.
Related Posts with Thumbnails