Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Hey Ladies, Part Deux

© Ahndraya Parlato
I have been running around like the proverbial headless chicken of late and haven't had time to post much of anything. It seems like all I do these days is make prints and teach. Nice work if you can get it, but it doesn't leave much time for enjoying the pleasures of this life. Saturday I managed to find a free moment and make it over to 3rd Ward for the opening of Humble Art Foundation's 31 Under 31 exhibition.

I was fortunate to arrive a little early and avoid most of the later, hipper crowd that was willing to queue around the block just to get. This proved to be a good move on my part because the lines to the liquor were short and I had time to wander around and enjoy the work. All in all it was a very cohesive and consistent exhibition. The big standout for me was, Molly Landreth's piece, Claire. I have been slowly developing a photo crush with Molly's work for a while and seeing her print in person really sealed the deal.

Congratulations are in order to Amani and Jon and the entire crew at Humble Arts Foundation for a great show. If you didn't make the opening, have no fear. 31 Under 31 is on display at 3rd Ward until March 28.

Speaking of Humble, stay tuned for a special project Amani, Jon and I have been cooking up. It should be pretty cool.

UPDATE: Andy Adams at Flak Photo let me know they are featuring all the work in the 31 Under 31 show. It's just like being there only you don't need to wear pants. Come to think of it, you could probably get away with not wearing pants at 3rd Ward too.
Related Posts with Thumbnails