Wednesday, August 08, 2007

I Love This City, I Hate This City


If you live or work in New York City, then you know how much fun this morning has been. Severe rains have flooded the subway system and crippled the city. I am currently assisting a class at the ICP, but it looks like I won't be able to make it in. I also have about 5000 other things I need to do in the city before I leave for my Stranded trip this Friday and now I am pretty much stuck at home in Jackson Heights. All this and it's hotter than Satan's crotch after a racquetball tournament.

Fun. Fun. Fun. That's the hate part.

The love part--and I have to constantly remind myself of this--is all about the wonderful access to art, music, food, and people you can find no place else in the world. Speaking of art, you only have two days left to see the Road Trip show at Mixed Greens. The show has been a wild success in every sense.

Also on the good stuff list, limited edition prints from Humble Arts Foundation, including Peri, Route 80, Kentucky, currently on display at Mixed Greens. There are only ten prints available and you can pick one up for a real steal. Plus, you are supporting Humble Arts Foundation. Wins all around.

UPDATE: R.C. Baker of the Village Voice recommends the Mixed Greens show and gives a shout out to the Stranded photos.
Related Posts with Thumbnails