Friday, March 23, 2007

Cheap Thrills with Lisa Kereszi

DJ Booth, South Beach © Lisa Kereszi 2002
My best advice to those just starting out in the photography world is to reach out to photographers who are where you want to be and bug them for advice. A couple of years ago I did this with Lisa Kereszi and she was more than generous with her time and input. She challenged my work and pushed me to advance my vision and focus my career path. Lisa's wisdom and experience has a had a profound impact on my development as a photographer.

I mention this because last tonight I attended the opening of Lisa's new solo show, Cheap Thrills, at Yancey Richardson. The joint was packed and the prints looked amazing. Lisa has a gift for finding and elevating amazing little secrets hiding out under our nose. She is also the nicest and most sincere person you will meet and I consider myself fortunate to call her a good friend.

I should also mention Lisa Kereszi's fabulous husband, Ben Donaldson, who is a very talented photographer in his own right. A couple of years ago I was lucky enough to assist for Ben at the ICP. His current show, Summerland, at jen bekman gallery is not to be missed. Talk about your power couple.

The show at Yancey Richardson proved doubleplusgood because another friend, Sarah Schorr, was showing work in the project gallery and that brought out the SVA crew en mass. It was wonderful to see everyone and see Sarah's work.
Related Posts with Thumbnails