Saturday, February 10, 2007

I'm Going Back to New York City...

After a month straight in New Orleans and three plus months working on the Do You Know What It Means Project, I have finally come home to New York. I met so many wonderful people in the Big Easy who are trying hard to put the pieces of their lives back together, but there is still so much work to be done. Here's one thing you can do right now. The FEMA deadline for housing assistance is expiring on February 28. Please take action and tell your rep to extend the deadline.

I will write more about my time in New Orleans later, but will leave you with some photos from the Shangri-la Coronation Ball I attended this past Saturday. The ball is put on each year by the The Mystic Krewe of Shangri-La to eat, drink, and name their royal court for Mardi Gras. New Orleans is like no other place on earth.

The Captain © Amy Stein 2007

The King © Amy Stein 2007
The Queen © Amy Stein 2007
Related Posts with Thumbnails