Saturday, February 13, 2010

In Conversation: Lyle Rexer and Amy Stein

Production still from Wendy and Lucy
Please join me next Friday for a special event. I will be talking with renowned art critic Lyle Rexer about my series Stranded and the themes that connect it with Kelly Reichardt’s award winning film Wendy and Lucy.

When I saw Wendy and Lucy in 2008 at the Film Forum I was struck by the similarities between Stranded and this beautifully simple film about a woman and her dog stuck in an Oregon town after her car breaks down.

It’s unusual to screen a film as part of a show of still images, but Brian Ulrich and I, along with the folks from Caption Gallery, decided to broaden the conversation beyond the images in the Instruments of Empire exhibit. In March Brian will be at the gallery to screen Jem Cohen's The Chain. More on this in a few weeks.


Here are the details:
In Conversation: Lyle Rexer and Amy Stein
Friday, February 19
Caption Gallery
55 Washington Street, No. 802
Brooklyn, NY

Conversation: Lyle Rexer and Amy Stein
7:30pm - 8:15pm

Screening: Wendy and Lucy
8:15pm - 9:30pm
Related Posts with Thumbnails