Friday, December 19, 2008

Holiday Gift Guide

It's that time of year again. The time when everyone presses pause on their daily toils, surrounds themselves with friends and family, and ponders what gifts they will get Amy Stein this year. Well, to help you out I have prepared a handy-dandy guide to photography things I would want for Christmas and/or Hanukkah. Of course, you could also get these items for others in your life, but I would love you more.

First off, some lovely and reasonably priced prints ($28-$125) from the Library of Congress and Museum of the City of New York:

Blossom Restaurant, 103 Bowery © Berenice Abbott

Untitled [Peck and Peck] © Samuel H. Gottscho

Weeki Wachee Springs 1945 © Toni Frissell

Atlanta Houses © Walker Evans

Commuters © Jack Delano
I love photography books too and my tastes run from reasonable to super expensive.

I had the good fortune to shoot Leigh Ledare this year for Monopol and have been in love with his work since. His book Pretend You're Actually Alive would look great on my bookshelf.



Errata Editions is offering Limited Edition sets of their Books on Books series for only $200. That's four classic titles for only $200.



Those books would make me happy, but I would do back flips if I got a copy of Paul Graham's A1: The Great North Road. A signed, mint version is going to set you back a pretty penny.



If you are interested in getting a great book for yourself or a photography lover in your life, I strongly suggest picking up a copy of Domesticated. I happen to have some insider information and can tell you there are only a handful of signed copies left on photo-eye. Wink wink, chop chop.
Related Posts with Thumbnails