Wednesday, April 23, 2008

New American Fables Solo Show in Berlin this Friday

New American Fables opening Friday at Pool Gallery
Today I am leaving on a four day cross country train trip. Yes, I'm riding the rails like Boxcar Bertha, but instead of livin' and lovin' like an outlaw I will be shooting an editorial assignment. I suspect a train across America means serious connectivity lapses, so I may be off the grid for a few days.

I previously planned on going to Berlin this week for the opening of my first solo show in Germany, but over the past six weeks I have suffered through a series of flus, colds and an assortment of maladies that made it difficult to plan a trip oversees. It's too bad because it should be a pretty happening event.

The show is called New American Fables and features a selection of work from my Domesticated and Halloween in Harlem series. I will definitely make it over before the show closes and hopefully time it to catch the openings of Alec Soth's TWO SHOWS in Berlin. Talk about a big-time art superstar.

If you are in Berlin this Friday please stop by Pool Gallery for the opening.

Here are the details on the show:
Amy Stein | New American Fables
Pool Gallery
Apr 26 – May 24
Tucholskystraße 38
Berlin, Germany
Opening Reception: Friday, Apr 23, 7-11 pm
Related Posts with Thumbnails