Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Busy Like Our Friend the...


This is one of those weeks where the social calendar and the career calendar collide in spectacular fashion. By Sunday I will probably be reduced to a tired pile of my former self.

Last night was an SVA event at the Whitney Biennial, tonight is Spoon at Terminal 5, Thursday is the Blind Spot Auction and then it's all AIPAD through the weekend. (By the way, big thanks to Robert Ayers of ArtInfo for including me in the Editor's Picks for AIPAD).

All that nighttime fun caps full days spent scurrying about the streets of New York trying to get stuff done. I am teaching two classes this week, putting the finishing touches on my portfolio so my rep can start shopping it around and preparing a ton of prints for a solo show in Berlin that opens in two weeks! (More on the Berlin solo show later.)

I'm exhausted!

Don't get me wrong. I am not complaining. This is all good stuff and exactly what I set out to do. It's just becoming painfully obvious to me that I do not have the capacity to juggle the expanding details and obligations of my career and still be able to produce new work. I have a wonderful intern, Chanjai, who helps me a ton, but I think I am at a critical juncture where I need to expand operations and hire an assistant. Once I get back from Berlin I will explore this idea a little more and maybe post a want ad on my blog.
Related Posts with Thumbnails