Saturday, December 29, 2007

My Pro-Taco Agenda

© Patrick Romero
Staying true to the lessons I learned during Miami, I spent my holiday week in Sunset Beach enjoying the company of my husband and in-laws instead of focusing on photography. I did not go to a single museum or gallery, I left the Blackberry behind and I shot only one roll of film over the entire seven days. This was a remarkable achievement for someone who has been eating, breathing and drinking photography for the last four years.

While it was not top of mind, I did make the time to meet two photography friends. While we were in Santa Barbara we went to La Super Rica for tacos with Liz Kuball and talked for a good two hours or so about everything under the sun. Liz lives in paradise and I couldn't be more jealous of her ready access to so much beauty and so much tasty wine.

Patrick Romero was nice enough to drive down from Los Angeles to meet me at Taco Surf in Sunset Beach. Patrick has a life outside of photography as a camera operator for television, but has had more time of late to focus on photography because of the writer's strike. He shared some of his new work with me as we mowed down the salsa.

Those two meetings aside, I really enjoyed my brief time away from my career and my camera. I am not a big fan of New Year resolutions, but in 2008 I definitely want to continue to make time for things in my life that have nothing to do with my chosen profession. Oh, I would also like to eat more tacos.
Related Posts with Thumbnails