Friday, August 31, 2007

Laboring Over the Labor Day Weekend

Woman Aircraft Worker © 1942 David Bransby
Labor Day weekend I will be doing some serious laboring. A good friend is getting married in Washington, DC, on Sunday so I will be making the three and half hour trek down I-85 for the big event. Of course, this means I will miss the opening of The Interactive Landscape at Mt. Tremper Arts. I am happy my friend found true love, but it sucks the wedding and the opening are on the same day. If you go to the show--and you should go!--please send me a recap.

Driving that far is always fun over the Labor Day weekend. What's more fun is turning around and driving back home on the same day. That's the plan for Sunday because I have to spend Monday finalizing the syllabus for my first big time photography teaching gig which starts bright and early Tuesday morning at Parsons. (Now you can call me professor Amy!) I feel ready for the semester thanks to the folks at Parsons and the kindly advice of my teaching friends, but I'm still nervous about walking into a classroom for the first time as the teacher.

Here's the details on the Mt. Tremper show:
Announcing The Interactive Landscape, a group photography exhibition at the Mt. Tremper Arts Center in beautiful Mt. Tremper, New York (in the Catskill Mountains).

Curated by Mathew Pokoik and featuring the work of Ian Baguskas, Aaron Diskin, Emmet Gowin, John Daido Loori, Daido Moriyama, Timothy O’Sullivan, Christian Patterson, Mathew Pokoik, Matthew Porter, Susana Raab, Stephen Shore, Amy Stein, and Mark Wyse.

7:00 p.m. - Dance and physical theater performance
8:30 p.m. - Panel discussion with photographers, Q & A
9:15 p.m. - DJ and dance party

R.S.V.P. IS REQUIRED. Previous events have filled to capacity, so R.S.V.P. now if you plan to attend.

Email: info@mttremperarts.com or Tel: (845) 688-9893

Sunday, September 2, 2007
7:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m.

Mt. Tremper Arts
647 South Plank Road
Mt. Tremper NY 12457

For further information, visit www.mttremperarts.com.
Related Posts with Thumbnails